Earlier this month I advised that the game was going to be removed from Early Access. This happened for a number of reasons; some of which were already outlined ealier this month.
So, that day has come.
In short, nothing has changed other than if you don’t already have access to the game, the only way you’re going to gain access, is by obtaining a Steam key directly from us.
A few things are in the works; so expect some exciting news in the coming weeks either before or during E3 in June.
- This was my decision. It had nothing to do with Valve. In fact, our Steam account manager was surprised by my request.
- Development has NOT stopped. Once we complete the upcoming GEN6 update we are moving on to GEN7. In fact a new build was just released to DSS a few hours ago.
- This has no effect on those who still own the game. You can still update it, play it etc. In other words, you’re now part of a CLOSED TEST GROUP
- We are not moving off Steam; so your keys, authentication, entitlements etc remain unchanged. We will be setting up our PlayFab system later this year; but it will have no effect on the Steam side of things.
- When we put it on Early Access back in Q4/14, money wasn’t a factor in that decision, as the game has been fully funded since the start. I have stated this over and over. It was purely so that we could integrate and test all the Steam backend services we’re using; and also get people in and helping us stress test.
- Now that enough people have it, coupled with the on-going store page nonsense, there is no reason to have it in Early Access which puts it on sale via the store. If we need more testers down the road, we will issue Steam keys as-needed via our CBT program, as we’ve done in the past.
- Once the game is completed, it will be re-listed back on Steam for sale.
The on-going release candidate for the next official release.
Still working on bug fixes and tweaks in the GEN 06 Builds so we have a clean slate going into the GEN 07 build phase.
We have decided to also clean up some server issues (performance, desynch, crashes etc) which will greatly improve things as we move toward the GEN 07 build phase.
If you have access to DSS, then you can download the build right now!
Also US-WEST-01 cluster has been taken offline for maintenance/upgrade.
Please select the other server cluster when you login to the public game (BUILD 00.09.06.09.26)
We have a LOD Discord server. It has restrictions for the pubic @everyone role.
We have both text and voice channels.
Create a Discord account if you don’t already have one.
Then use the invite link to enter.
You can now also use Discord to post messages about server issues.
ps: If you are already banned on the Steam forum and/or in the game, you will be insta-banned on this server. On sight.